Thus far, the following states have called for an amendment of the U.S. Constitution:
- Hawaii (April 2010)
- Maryland* (January 2012)
- New Mexico (February 2012)
- Vermont (April 2012)
- Rhode Island (May 2012)
- California (July 2012)
- Massachusetts (August 2012)
- Connecticut* (September 2012)
- New Jersey (October 18, 2012)
- Montana (November 6, 2012)
- Colorado (November 6, 2012)
- West Virginia (April 10, 2013)
- Maine (April 30, 2013)
*Connecticut & Maryland law does not allow the passage of a resolution; therefore, a majority of the legislators signed a letter.
Thanks to Move To Amend Portland, Oregon for some of this information.